Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Years ago when I was a child or perhaps a teenager, I visited an old couple, armed with the excuse that I wanted to play with their kitten. Maybe the kitten was the reason for my visit or otherwise I truly enjoyed their company.

I suspect that back then, even to a couple in their 80's, my awkwardness was palpable and once I left their house to attend some prayer meeting or another they would mumble to each other 'That girl really needs to loosen up'. So, one visit I left their house not empty handed but with a box of 7 inch singles. Sadly record collectors I have little recollection of that box's content, condition or age. I remember only one, a certain Chuck Berry song 'My Dingaling'.

Many people cite Chuck as a great influence. After listening to that record I was confused by such subtle titillation. The next day I took out that box to the bin and haven't heard much from Chuck since.

No comments:

Post a Comment