Pages

Wednesday 8 September 2010

7/8




I have always been a little in awe of creative people. Once I thought I was one, but having gotten to know me a little better I think I am a little bit of a wrecker. I do not think there will be a Sistine Chapel from me. People who create, take a piece of crap and present it back in beauty. Or perhaps, some present it back as crap, but this time you look at it differently and you are moved.Creative people travel with humilty across the world with faith that they will find a place to perform. They make and grow and share their productivity. They fund their own books and teach themselves new skills. Through other's creativity I can empathise with situations beyond my personal experience, I can be challenged to be a better person. I am sure enjoying other's creativity at times lessens my blood pressure and stops me from indulging in practises that could cost the mental health budget dearly. Thanks to all you who inspire me and lift me out of my sandpit, where left to my own devices I am punching holes in castles. I am just wondering if a huge government cut in the arts. is money well saved?

No comments:

Post a Comment