Pages

Saturday 12 December 2009

C is for Knife attack

We have just come back from the most unchristmassey Christmas Fair ever. I feel like I have lost two hours of my life which are never to be recovered. I smelt a rat as soon as I walked through the doors, greeted by posters advertising the 'S factor', some nonsense about science demonstrations, Christmas and Science I suppose it could be feasible. No it wasn't.

If Christmas is about sticking a few tables around the edge of a cold business like hall without so much of a sneeze of tinsel, this fair had it. If Christmas is about six stalls, one of which consisted of graphic images of a mangled arm after a knife attack, this fair had it. We could talk at length at what it didn't have, instead close your eyes imagine your Christmas Fairs of yesterday year, then give yourself a big corporate, half arsed, second rate slap in your face and that's more like what we got!

No comments:

Post a Comment