Pages

Sunday 2 May 2010

57 channels and nothin' on


This weekend I shared a warm and fuzzy feeling, at first I thought it must be yet another head cold and then on closer examination and to my surprise, I discovered it was love. Yes my loyal 2 readers (have you forgiven me for leaving you hanging this Sunday?); I was feeling an overall celebration for the 'L' word.

On Saturday, a wedding evening do allowed a little abandonment; and I gleefully suffered 'Wedding Whiplash' (a condition caused by gentle head banging as appropriate at a wedding do)*. As I casually threw wedding 'shapes' I felt somewhat joyful about the whole marriage thing, such a feeling brought about by the obvious love between the bride and groom.

I am glad my teenage ideas of being an itinerant loner never came to pass, being safely coupled off allows me to keep some of my sanity. Now I dream of matching knitwear and laughing stoically as I listen to his jokes for the millionth time. Never fear I am not going to start posting up pictures of our home made jumper collection, but once in a while I do not think it is wrong to be a little relieved and a whole lot thankful. So far, and for me, the gamble that is marriage has paid off. The way I see it with the companion thing all sorted I can concentrate on what is really important. 'Now shut up husband and pass me the remote'.

* This is not to be confused with Rock club whiplash, which can leave the victim at odds with their neck for days, sometimes weeks or in some extreme cases years.

2 comments:

  1. Aww. I love your blog and this entry is very sweet. But not as sweet as your dance moves on Sat. Those. were. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a way with words. Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete